If your PC is running slow, do these basic steps first:
- Do a backup.
- Remove files not needed - especially off your desktop; the fewer files on your desktop, the faster it will run.
- Uninstall unwanted programs.
- Uninstall unwanted toolbars from your browsers.
- Run a reputable registry cleaner program. CC-Cleaner is alright. Watch out for others; there are many that look like they are loaded with malware.
- Get rid of programs that start up when you log in but don't need to be running.
- Empty the trash can.
- Defrag your hard disk.