Using Entity Framework 5, database first, and creating a WCF Data Service for the entities, gave this error: "precision facet isn't allowed for properties of type string".
Steps to get this error
- In SQL Server, create a table with a field with a datatype of time(7).
- In Visual Studio 2012, create a project of type ASP.Net Empty Web Application.
- In this project, add a new item of type ADO.Net Entity Data Model.
- For the EDM, connect to the database and use the table that has the time field to create a data model.
- In this same project, add an item of type WCF Data Service.
- Use the Entity Data Model just created.
- Create a new project such as a Windows Forms Application.
- Add a Service Reference to the WCF Data Service created earlier.
- This is the point at which you get the error.
Visual Studio 2012 Update 1
Entity Framework 5
C# .Net 4.0
SQL Server 2008 R2